Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hispanic Heritage Month

For our morning announcements, a group of high school students have been making videos to show the students each morning to teach them Spanish. We have learned how to say “Hello” and “Goodbye” and also how to say “What is your name?” and “My name is…” The students have loved speaking Spanish! This morning for our announcements, we watched a video explaining Hispanic Heritage Month. I have attached the link at the bottom of this page. I encouraged the students while they are doing their homework this week and really all month, to look for ways to enhance their knowledge of the Spanish language and culture. I told them to research Spanish holidays, food, clothing, and customs. I would encourage you to help them along the way! I know there is a lot of Brian Pop episodes about Mexico and the Spanish culture and this site at the bottom has a lot of great resources.
                Anyway, I just wanted you to be aware about this and encourage your kids to do some research! 


No comments:

Post a Comment