Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dear Parents,

I couldn't figure out how to upload a document on here so I figured I would just copy and paste the parent letter I handed out last night at Meet the Teacher. Here you go!
Dear Parents,
            Welcome to the wonderful world of having a child in 3rd grade! Third grade is a very busy year. It is my plan for your child to have a successful and rewarding year with me as his or her teacher. I strive to keep a classroom environment that is not only a safe place filled with love and respect, but also a place that your child looks forward to coming to each day. 
            I would like to introduce myself to you with some information about my experience and family. This is my third year teaching and my first year at Jenks West Elementary. I completed my Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education in Dayton, Tennessee at Bryan College.  I recently got married and moved to Oklahoma this past summer.
            On Back to School night, we will be discussing classroom procedures, expectations, and other information, but there are a few items that will be helpful for you to know now.
  • Please send a HEALTHY snack with your child each day. I allow the kids to have a snack during the school day. Also, send a water bottle with a sport top if your child would like to keep one in class.
  • Communication is VERY important. Please check your e-mail often as it will be my number one source of communication.
  • Please identify 1-3 of your child’s favorite books that they can bring to the first week of school. These can be fiction or non-fiction.
            I am looking forward to working with your child this year! If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail or call me. You can also follow our classroom blog. I will be posting homework, links, and other information on a weekly basis about what’s going on in our classroom. Communication is very important to me and I appreciated your support in making this a great year!
 
Katie Jones
(918) 299-4411 ext. 6110
anoklahomajourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment