Friday, August 21, 2015

Exit Ticket

One part of our classroom that I am super excited about (and the kids are too) is our Exit Ticket. This poster board sits right next to our door. I have explained to the kids that every now and then I will give them a question to answer before we go to recess, specials, or before we transition to a new subject. Their job is to answer the question on a sticky note and stick it on top of their number. This is a quick and easy way for me to check their answers. This is really helpful in getting an overall sense if the class really got the material presented or if we need to revisit and discuss again.

Today as we were giving ideas for our classroom essential agreement, I told the students to pick one thing we talked about and think how they were going to portray that next week. Here are the results! We had a lot of listening to the teacher, be more respectful, and to help others more. How I love my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment