Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Welcome to Jenks Public Schools

So, today was my first day as an official Jenks Public School teacher. Woke up at 7AM, drove to the high school, and sat in a three hour meeting which included Krispy Kreme donuts and Debbie Burchfield teaching the new teachers a rap about the school's mission statement. What have I gotten myself into?  

For the past two weeks, I've sat in meetings ranging from insurance to teaching Social Studies in the classroom. I've tagged along with everyone and their brother during Tax-Free weekend buying supplies for my classroom. I peruse through Pinterest and Teachers-Pay-Teachers almost every night.

Am I ready? No idea. Am I excited? Absolutely. I am so thrilled to be a part of the Jenks Public School system and am looking forward to what this year has to offer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment